What is Continuous Diary Measurement?
Canadian households will be recruited and measured year-round using DIARY methodology. The methodology will remain the same however number of survey weeks will increase to 24.
Why is Numeris doing this?
- More homes have to be contacted with much lower participation
- Fewer diaries were being returned
- Difficulty reaching mobile-only households increasing (40% growing to 50% in 2020)
- Lower weekly sample size over more weeks means it will be easier to recruit participants
What is Changing?
- The number of survey weeks increased
- -Spring & Fall markets increase from 16 weeks (2 x 8weeks) of measurement to 24 weeks
- -Fall only markets increase from 8 to 24 weeks
- Each release averages all 24 weeks spread over 12 months for the stability of results
- Full Coverage data in every release
- Two releases in Fiscal 2020
- Potential to increase the number of releases to 4 times a year beginning Fall 2020
- Reduce volatility in survey results
- Previous fall only markets will now be measured year round
- Fall only markets now released twice yearly
- Fall only markets have more current data
- Removes the need for survey averaging
- Full coverage results in every release
- Stable reliable data going forward